Have a guestions?
We have answers!
Here’s a list of questions we’re frequently asked with some helpful answers. If you can’t find here what were you looking for, we urge to reach us here.
- How many other guests are in the camp? Is our tent away from others? Hoopoe Glamping offers stay for only 4 couples (including family) at any one time. Hoopoe site means secluded own space to enjoy holiday on the nature.
- Distance – where you can flight to? How far is the Hoopoe site from local/modern amenities? The nearest airport is located in Podgorica – 20km far from our site. You can get here by taxi, train or bus. If you need transfer, please mail us and we can arrange it for you. The shops, cash machine, bar and restaurants of lake village Virpazar is 1,5km from us – 3 minut drive, less than 10 minut cycle or up to 15 minut walk.
- Check-in/ Check-out. Check-in is from 1:30 pm. Check-out is until 10:30 am. Contact us before your arrival if you can not fit into scheduled check-in/out. We will do our best to make it works!
- Is there Wifi? Charging ports? We provide into glamping site free WiFi as a standard. Although wifi work perfectly just in common space – bar, lodge, terrace. Each tent has it’s own secluded place where wife connection can be weak or not at all. There is possibility to charge your devices in your tent or in the mobile spot of wooden lodge.
- Does our tent have air-conditioning? There is no air-conditioning in the tent. Our Safari and Bell tents are made for much higher temperatures. During warm nights the only thing you need is to open your side walls to feel breeze of fresh air that cools best.
- Are there any meals included? If you booked a stay, there is delicious breakfast included in the room rate. If you booked a week and activities with Hoopoe Glamping and Adventures there is a welcome dinner, all breakfast and few lunches included. All details about meals you can find in our offer or your mailbox after confirmation your booking.
- Where else can we have a meal? Hoopoe Glamping offer in the bar a local tapas, fresh fruit and veggetable salads and BBQ (with meat or vegetarian to order in advance). If you want to try local cuisine there are restaurants in Virpazar open all season.
- Is it possible to personalise our experience? We will be happy to make your experience best and do this for special occasion. As Hoopoe hosts, whether is your honeymoon, a proposal, a birthday or any special moment of your life, it’s helpful to know your preferences before you arrive. An email questionnaire, sent after your booking is done, gives us time to custom the tent for you. We respond also other special requires (transfer from the airport, guided tours and more can be ordered).
- What other facilities do you offer? Hoopoe’s guest lounge is our communal guest hub with a bar, small library and a rest place. There’s wifi, good music as well as a choice of beverages and some tapas. We provide bicycles free of charge as it’s best and eco way to travel the 1,5km from our site to Virpazar and make your own little bike tour around.
- How hot/cold it can be? For Skadar Lake area, April/May temperatures range from 20-30C. June/July: 25-35C. August: 27-37C. September: 20-30C. October: 15-25C.
- Are there many mosquitos and other insects? In the Mediterranean, especially close to nature area and the lake, mosquitos are around all season. A repellent and some antihistamine will help. Best is to bring it with you, as there is no pharmacy in Virpazar.
- Is there wheelchair access? Due to the steep access and the uneven surface, Hoopoe is not suitable for basic wheelchairs.
- Can we come with our dogs/ other pets? Hoopoe Glamping offer a huge space to walk, play and run around *outdoor. We accept pets travelling with our guests but it needs to be notice before making booking and confirming special terms and conditions sent into your mailbox.